Works of the future: will THAT ONE disappear?

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii guys.. how are you? 

First of all. Do you remember my last post about Percy Jackson and the Olympians? Well... Disney+ is going to produce a new series based on those novels! I'm very curious to see how they will do it. Movies weren't the best product ever made... :D But maybe this time will be better (at least I hope).

Ok, let's leave Percy... but let's stay in the cinema world. As we know the world is going to change and with him also all the jobs. New technologies allow us to make an improvement in every sector, even not always I would call them "improvements". Some jobs are going to disappear and one of them could be..... the actor. WHAT? Yeah, it sounds strange. But now I will tell you why.

Do you know the nice guy in the picture? He is James Dean, one of the most iconic actors of the 50s, who died in a car accident in 1955. Well, for 2021 it is going to be realized a new movie, called Finding Jack in which he will be the main character.
NO, I'm not talking about a movie ABOUT James Dean. 
I'm talking about a movie WITH James Dean. 

A company specialized in special effects is going to re-create the actor born in Indiana by CGI. I think that it is horrible news. How can I watch a movie in which an actor is made just by the computer? Where is the sense? We have A LOT OF amazing actors nowadays, but they are going to "fish" from the past someone just because of his fame. What about the future of the actors? If in 2060 we will be able to make a movie with James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, Henry Fonda, and Humprey Bogart... will there be still movies with "real actors"? 

Chris Evans, known to play Captain America in the Avengers' series, said about this topic: "I'm sure he'd be thrilled. This is awful. Maybe we can get a computer to paint us a new Picasso. Or write a couple new John Lennon tunes. The complete lack of understanding here is shameful".

And what about you? Do you agree with Chris? Do you think it makes sense to re-create someone who unfortunately died 65 years before? Yeah, it was a tragedy. But I think that, whether we like it or not, life has to finish one day. And we can't play God's role. 

I'm very disgusted about this...

Buona giornata, (not so much buona :P) 

Nicmar71

Commenti

  1. I agree, this is crazy! There are so many excellent actors around, so much talent and creativity! Why get stuck in the past?! A very bad idea.

    RispondiElimina

Posta un commento