Impressions from uni

Buongiorno!!

How are you?

I'm writing new post after a week break... it was full of work and exams so.. I need to make up the time I missed. 

Btw, today I was going to talk you about these first two months in the filology faculty. I like them, I met a lot of nice people, I'm attending interesting classes but... sometimes I wonder if some things we are studying are really important or not. Since I'm native speaker some things are easier for me, but sometimes it is very hard. There are a lot of idioms, sayings and other words which are really not used in the common language. For istance, we have made an exam in which we have had to put words in empt brackets. Even when I say the solutions I found very difficult to think something like that. 
I know that teach it is a very hard job.. I'm facing with this every week and I don't want to complain. But I had the impression that lot of people are better in very hard things than in the most used ones. 

In my opinion we should focus less on some topics and more in develop little skills. For example, in italian we have a lot of small words called "preposizioni". We need them to complete some sentences, like for example "la casa di Giulia" (Giulia's house) or "Vado a Poznan" (I'm going to Poznan). Sometimes they come together with articles, like for example "la casa di il ragazzo" (Boy's house) becomes "la casa del ragazzo". I realised lot of people have problem with that, because to use it correctly we need to know when actually the article is present or not. For example, "la lezione di inglese" (english class) and not "la lezione dell'inglese" (which would be di + lo) because subjects doesn't need the article. I know that is very hard, but probably an italian will notice more something like that than a full knowledge of some special fields like engine parts (which I don't know in italian) or some latinism like "mutatis mutandis"

At the same time.. at least I can learn new words which in 25 years I have never heard before :D 

Seriously... to study another language is very hard but at the same time satisfactory :) 

Nicmar71

Commenti