Coming back to high school

Good evening... not so good. I'm really tired, I even don't know where I have found energy to write the blog.. :)

Seriously..today was a long day, but if I have to be honest.. I really appreciated it. It was my second time as a high school teacher, and even if I was really scared about that experience I have to admit that is not that bad. I started to work as italian teacher in Mosina last week, with 20 guys who in febuary will go to Italy for one month for an exchagement similar to Erasmus. We will have ten meetings, and at the end I will prepare a test to check their skills.

It is so weird for me, but this week it was better than last one.. and I hope it will get better class by class. Of course to have just 15 hours it won't help too much but... what can I do? I'm trying to teach them the logic behind the language.. and then, if they really want, they will learn how to make harder sentences. I'm not asking a lot...but I have already seen a little improvement today, and it is very rewarding.

This is a test even for me. I want to understand if I'm ready to do something like that. Work with a person and with a class is not the same. Furthermore, I don't have a really "teacher experience", I just basing my classes on some principles like the fun, the collaboration and the mutual respect, which for me is the key. I pretend to be respected... but first of all I will respect them as I told during the first meeting. To be a teacher for me is like to be a leader. And unlike lot of people think... a leader is not the first of the row. Is the last. To check his mates, students, footballers. Maybe at the end.. I'm really becoming a "Language coach" as I told in my first blog.

Trzymamy kciuki, finger crossed, incrociamo le dita 


Nicmar71

p.s. Sorry if it is full of errors but... my brain stopped working :) I hope it will be readable and I promise I will check it in the next days

Commenti