Nicmar and the Football

Hello guys!!

Allora'om'è? (Another expression from my dialect which simply means "whats'up?"; with very strange intonation which probably just people from Livorno can pronunciate). 

Last time I left you talking about football. C'mon, I'm italian. What did you expect? That can I not like football? I just came back from Warsaw for the match Legia Warszawa - Lech Poznan.. so I'd say that I'm more that an appasionate... I'm a fanatic. 

Now, why did I tell you that maybe the football doors will open for me again? Because, when I lived in Italy I worked as a coach in some professional teams. 
Let me tell you how that amazing story happened. I always loved football, especially the team of my city, Livorno. I also played a bit football.. but a series of injuries and a not so brillant talent forced me to stop my career when I was just 15 years old. So, after the High School, I started to work for a football website as a journalist, writing articles about the Under-19 squad of Livorno. I was going to the matches, commenting them live and making interviews with the coach. So, little by little, I started to be friend with him, talking about tactics and other things which allowed me to notice my skills. I was really into my job, and I used to study all the teams to write good articles.. so Zanetti (the name of the coach) decided to give me a chance as a match analyst. For two amazing years I worked with the Livorno U-19, before with Zanetti then with another coach, Ezio Gelain.

Both of them teached me a lot, and allowed me to live some great experiences like the Carnevale Cup or the Coppa Italia Primavera match against Juventus. I travelled with them for all the country and I met some famous footballers as Fabio Grosso (he scored the gol in the final of the 2006 World Cup against France which gave us the 4th title) or Simone Inzaghi. 

After two years I decided to interrupt my relation with Livorno to try another experience. I followed Sergio Zanetti in his new career in Serie D (4th division) in Lecco, closed to Milano. It was my first experience far from home, and with a first team after two years in the U-19 league. It was also amazing but very short experience. After three months, indeed, the president decided to fire Zanetti because of the results, so I missed my job. I finished the season in another team, Orlando Calcio, a small club of Livorno, again in the U-19 squad. I had realised that in that moment it was better for me continuing with youth teams, because I didn't have enough experience. 

After that season I was forced to move to Poland, and I had some contacts with the Lech Poznan coach, Nenad Bjelica, but we did not find an agreement. So, for one year, I dedicate all my time to university, until december 2017 when my "new life" in Poland attracted no less than Inter, one of the best Italian teams. I started a six months collaboration with them as a scout.. but it did not work. I'm really sorry... but I am so grateful that I had at least this opportunity. 

At the moment I'm not working in the football, and actually I'm not looking for a job in that field. I have a lot of things to do, and adding something it would not be a good idea. But of course I miss the smell of the grass, the feelings before the match, the celebration after a victory. I hope that in my life something will happen again in football... but who knows. 

I'm sorry if I dilungate that story too much, I don't want to bother you but I really think that these years are the best of my life. I'm very very grateful to everyone who let me live this experiences and I feel very lucky. Who knows what would happen if I did not have been forced to move to Poland. But... why am I here? This will be the topic of next blog. I promise that it will be shorter than today. 

Write you soon...

Nicmar71

Commenti